Tripods an update

I recently had to buy a new tripod for one of my daughters who happens to be a photography major at school.At first i was going to give her one of mine but thought better to get her a lighter one as I'm kind of strong and don't mind lugging my Pro-sized Manfrotto's everywhere. My daugters is half my size if that and my tripods may wight about the same as she does! Not really but you get the point.

So like any photo obsessed father I began checking every model out, going to stores, pro shops, as well as retailers like Wolf Camera, doing all the big online sites like Adoramma and BH Photo, Sam's etc. And looking at all the various pro brands like the ones we all know. and the new comers. I also checked out some of the department store no-name brands or store branded models.

We I've also belonged to a site Amvona.com where I get stands, and other odd accessories and have been pleased with the quality and prices. Knowing they had their own brand of tripods (along with bags, lights, and all sorts of other stuff) I decided to check them out. I was pleased to find so many configurations and styles to choose from and decided to order.

I was pleased with both the price and speed, and the fine automated e-mails I got each step of the way to inform me of each update in shipping etc. We all expect this but I'm surpirsed how poorly some sites do at this.

Anyway I was worried that I was going to get some cheapo tripod, poorly made and with few functions. But instead I when it arrived I found it was well made, had all the functionality of the big boys, came in a nice soft-sided case, and was very attractive. I will say that it's fit an finish was slightly cruder than I would get from a high-end precision tripod company. But for my daughter just starting out, or for anyone on a tight budget who needs a good sturdy tripod I'd highly recommend Amvona. Some might claim is snobby to claim a $300.00 tripod is better but they truly are. However sometimes we don't need a Rolls Royce or Farrari when a nice Toyota or Nissan will do the job just fine.

Comments

Popular Posts